Before you set sail for an adventure on the water, you’ll want to make sure you’re properly protecting your vessel from the unexpected. Take a look at our sailboat coverages.
Sailboat Insurance Coverage
From dinghys to catamarans, daysailers to cruising sailboats, we insure all types of sailboats. Apart from your standard coverage options, like physical damage, bodily injury and property damage (liability), and medical expense coverage, we’ve highlighted some coverages you’ll want to consider adding on to protect your boat and everything on it:
Repair cost coverage: This coverage will help ensure your sailboat will be repaired without depreciation. So, we’ll pay what it costs to return your vessel or its parts, like sails, masts, rigging, etc., to its pre-accident condition or better.
Agreed value: You’ll need to have this coverage if you want to know exactly what you’ll be paid in the event of a total loss. You’ll send proof of the current market value of your boat and if you face a total loss, we’ll pay that amount.
Towing and recovery: Imagine you’re on the water with no wind and your outboard motor gives out. You could be stranded for a while and might need a tow to get back to shore. No worries — this Emergency Roadside and on-water service is included with your physical damage portion of your policy. It includes:
- Costs to change or repair a flat or damaged tire on the trailer
- Mechanical labor or other service up to one hour at the place of the breakdown.
- Towing by an authorized business to the nearest garage, marina, service station, or other service point where necessary repairs can be made.
- Delivery of gas, oil or loaned battery (we do not pay for the cost of parts or materials, including gas and oil).
Sailboat Insurance Limitations
Though we offer coverage for all kinds of sailboats, there are some limitations.
- Sailboats over 54” in length and valued at more than $250k
- Sailboats used as a primary residence (live aboard)
*These add-ons may be subject to limitations.
Connect with your American Family Insurance agent to get the best coverage for all your water adventures and sail on with confidence!