Car Insurance Claims & American Family Insurance’s Dreams Restored Program
Accidents happen. But putting your dreams on hold because of one? Not an option.
What to Do If You’ve Been in an Accident
- Remain calm. Take a few deep breaths and try to calm your nerves before you proceed. Make sure everyone is all right. Then, if possible, turn on your hazard lights and move out of traffic.
- Call the local authorities. If someone is hurt, call 911 immediately. If no one is injured, call the local police department’s non-emergency phone number. They can help clean up the accident, facilitate the exchange of information between you and any others involved and help set up a tow for your car.
- Collect information. If other vehicles were involved in the accident, collect their contact, license and insurance information before anyone leaves the scene. If you feel unsafe doing so, wait for the police to arrive. Do not discuss fault or your insurance coverage.
- Document everything. Take photos of the license plates of all involved, any damage to all vehicles, street names, road conditions, other property damage and any injuries if possible. Get the names and badge numbers of all police at the scene.
- Open a claim. Once everyone is safe, information has been exchanged, you’ve been released from the scene by authorities and you have taken photos of everything, you should file a claim with us as soon as possible.
Need to Report a Claim? Start Here.
Our auto claims service is fast and convenient, so you can get back on the road to your dreams with as little interruption as possible. Our auto claims staff is 100% focused on auto claims — 100% of the time — so they can provide the specialized expertise you deserve. Here’s a helpful overview on the claims process so you’re in the know.
To report your car insurance claim, follow these steps:
Use the MyAmFam app or log in to My Account to easily start the claims process. You’ll want to have this information ready:
- The date and time of the event
- A brief description of what happened
- Any photos of damage done to your vehicle or property
- The insurance contact information of any others involved
You can also file your claim online or call 1-800-MYAMFAM (1-800-692-6326).
Already filed your claim? View your claim’s status in the MyAmFam app or by logging in to My Account.
Learn more about your auto insurance policy with American Family Insurance.
Get Back on the Road With Our Dreams Restored Program
Our Dreams Restored Program (DRP) takes the stress out of choosing a repair shop. We’ve done the work for you by finding the most trusted, customer-friendly shops in your neighborhood, so you can relax knowing your vehicle will be well taken care of if the unexpected occurs.
What’s so great about the Dreams Restored Program? Let’s find out.
It’s quick. Because of our direct relationship with the shops, repairs can begin sooner than at non-DRP facilities. This means your vehicle gets priority status to get you back onto the road as quickly as possible.
It’s guaranteed. With the DRP, repairs have a lifetime workmanship guarantee backed by American Family Insurance. Now that’s peace of mind!
It’s easy. No need for multiple estimates — our Dreams Restored Program handles all the estimates and reviews. We’ll gather some of the best in the biz to take care of you and your vehicle.
It’s convenient. No messy billing. Instead of paying the shop yourself and getting a reimbursement from us, we keep things hassle free by receiving the bill directly and paying it (minus the deductible).
It’s reliable. Our DRP shops meet the highest ratings for repairs and customer service.